Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Not so easy...

Okay, so it's not so easy to think of things to write about everyday. Yesterday was pretty boring. Gloomy part of the day and windy. I was tired from getting up early to take kids to airport and so I pretty much lazed around the rest of the day. I did balance my checkbook (finally got it to balance). Can't believe that I used to be a bookkeeper and a bank teller. Always balanced to the penny. Now I can't even balance my checkbook. Always entering stuff wrong. Never in my favor either. Brainfog. uggggh!

Poor Danielle went to dentist and has an abcessed tooth. She was in alot of pain. She needs a root canal but they can't get her in until April 24 and it's going to cost her $1100.00. Crazy. They did give her some strong pain meds and antibiotics to tide her over though.

Got to go take Tony to occupational and physical therapy this afternoon. I have to stay today so they can teach me some things I can help him do at home to strengthen his arm and his neck. He goes to Athens Wellness Center and they are all really nice there. A former neighbor of ours works there as a receptionist and it's nice to see her again.

Heard from Chris and Sandy Herwig that they will be coming home from Germany in April. Chris has a new job with Redstone, so they are excited to finally be able to stay put.

The Lord has blessed our family so greatly and I see His hand in everything that we experience. God is good. Life is good.

2 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

I gave Mary Kate your blog address.
We all need to keep in touch. Did you have chemo, Jackie? Chemo brain is hard to get rid of. Stress will affect your brain too and you have been through a lot of stress lately. I can't believe Danielle has to wait that long to get her tooth fixed! I bet she could get in earlier at Dr. Knight's. I like the Wellness center. I had to go to physical therapy there after I had my last knee operated on. The pain wouldn't go away but after two weeks of therapy the pain was almost gone! The people who work there are very nice. Trudy and kids have gone to LaGrange, GA to visit Mary Kate. They'll be returning home tomorrow. Mary Kate teaches Seminary and has a pre-school at her house so she's very busy right now. Frankie has 4 kids(and a wife!) and they live in Knoxville, TN. I guess I've gone on too long. I'll catch you up later. I love you!

JT's Mommy said...

Hey - why didnt you tell me you had a blog? boy - I am feeling really pressured - Chris has been bugging me to start a blog - I told him I already had my Iraq website and my myspace page - but NOOOOOO - he wants a FAMILY blog. I said -fine - do one. but that was not what he had in mind.... I guess since I am not working he thinks I should do it... anyway - see you soon.